150 gm Soft Cheese Light
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 c Caster sugar
200g self-raising flour
3 heaped tsp Van Houten pure cocoa powder
1/2 c demerara sugar
1/2 cup grapeseed oil or olive oil
2 tsp Nescafe Blend 37 instant coffee powder
3 tbsp Evaporated low-fat milk
1 tsp Nescafe Blend 37 instant coffee powder
2 tsp heaped tsp Van Houten pure cocoa powder
100g icing sugar
1 tbsp grapeseed oil or olive margarine
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp Evaporated low-fat milk
Sliver of Almonds
- Whip the Cheese, Vanilla, and Caster sugar. Keep inside the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (356 F).
- Sift the flour and the Cocoa powder.
- Beat the eggs. Add the demerara sugar. Add the oil, coffee powder, and milk.
- Pour half the batter into the greased pan. Pour the cheese mixture. Level it. Pour the remaining batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 mins.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the coffee powder, cocoa powder, and icing sugar. Once caramelized, add the oil and water. Let it boil over a low flame. Add the milk. Cool.
- Pour it on top of the cake and sprinkle the sliver of almonds.