2 c Vanilla wafer crumbs
6 tb Margarine, melted
1 ea 14-ounce bag caramels
1 cn 5-ounce evaporated milk
1 c Chopped pecans, toasted
2 pk 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
1/2 c Sugar
1 ts Vanilla
2 ea Eggs
1/2 c Semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- Base: Combine crumbs and margarine; press onto the bottom of the 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (176 C degrees), 10 minutes.
- Body In 1 1/2 quart heavy saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat, frequently stirring, until smooth.
- Pour over the crust. Top with pecans.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in chocolate; pour over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, 40 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing the edge of the pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional finely chopped pecans, if desired.