6 egg (s)
1 pinch (s) of salt
200 ml of water
250 g date (s), pitted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50 g cocoa powder and something to dust the finished cake
200 g almond (s), ground
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C fan oven.
- Line the bottom of a springform pan with baking paper and grease the edge of the pan.
- Separate the eggs into yolks and whites. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt to make egg whites.
- Put the water and pitted dates in a blender. Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder and puree everything in a blender or hand blender. Note: If the dates are rather hard, soak them in water for about 20 minutes and then puree them together.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites directly under the pureed chocolate mass. Carefully fold in the remaining egg whites, alternating with the ground almonds, so that the egg whites’ airiness remains.
- Pour the dough into the springform pan and bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for about 25 minutes.
- Dust the cooled cake with cocoa powder and serve with fruit (e.g., berries) or a scoop of fruit sorbet as desired.