1 1/2 c Chocolate wafer crumbs
1/3 c Heavy cream
1 c Blanched almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
1/2 c Amaretto
2 ts Vanilla
1/3 c Sugar
6 tb Butter, softened
2 c Sour cream
24 oz Cream cheese, softened
1 tb Sugar
1 c Sugar
1 c Blanched almonds, lightly
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees (190 C degrees).
- Combine crumbs, almonds, sugar, and butter.
- Pat mixture on bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, liqueur, and 1 t vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a beating well after each addition.
- Beat mixture until light. Pour into ruined pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until the top of the cake and knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let stand on rack for 5 minutes.
- Combine sour cream, 1 t vanilla, and sugar.
- Mix well and spread evenly over the cake.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Place on rack and let cool completely.
- Cover lightly with wax paper and let chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove sides from pan and garnish with toasted almonds around the outer edge and on to the cake.